Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Anna--an Amazing Teacher!

"The big kids went with their mom to shop for school clothes.  Which means Anna gets to do what ever she wants--she's finishing off YOUR potato stix."  The reply, "That sounds about right!"

This was the texts between my husband &  I yesterday.

School starts for our grandchildren tomorrow!  A second grader and a kindergartner--at least one of them is excited!  They have an amazing mommy.  She planned the whole day as an outing especially for the three them-including lunch at one of their favorite non-fast food restaurants!  Precious!  One of my favorite things about this is that when they returned to our house, I got to see the runway performance of what cute elementary school kids are wearing to school this year!  LOVE it!

Another favorite thing was the time I got to spend with Anna (all by myself, you see, she has quite a population of aunts and grandparents)--she is funny because she's not yet two!  I handed her a cookie and I stood there amazed because of her prompt and correct "Thank You!"--music to my ears.

During Sunday's sermon about prayer, the point was made that we are to approach our Heavenly Father as a little child...As I think of Anna this morning, I have a sweet visual illustration for the sermon notes!

Sometimes I feel like her in MY Father's presence.  Because she is so young, her vocabulary is limited.  Because I am small compared to God, my vocabulary, in His presence, is limited, or it should be!  Anna walked toward the front door, and because I know her, I helped her open the door and we went outside to consider the rocks, the driveway, and the trees--at one point we considered the view of the traffic passing by--but mostly it was a quiet 'knowing' moment.  No words--or basic words of communication just content to feel the breeze on our faces and the view of the leaves swaying in our sight.  Just enjoying our time together, the two of us.  Precious. There are no other words to describe--and yet somehow thankful comes to mind as another word to use!

This is how we should approach Our God, the Creator of Heaven & Earth...the One Who IS Mighty to Save--yet knows how many hairs are on my head!--a small child filled with wonder over the smallest detail!  a small child, just to sit in His presence--feeling a sense of comfort, contentment and joy!  a small child, not really knowing the words to use, but knowing that the One Who knows my heart's desire and wants to bless me with good things!   a small child wandering around this world but doing it with the assurance that God has promised never to leave me or forsake me--indeed, He will accompany me outside the confines of my comfort zone and into a rich new world of life experiences!

I love the ways that we can learn about God through our every day life experiences--if we are looking to learn!  Teach me, O God--for I truly want to learn through this experience today, and always!

No comments: