Sunday, January 13, 2013

Brithdays and Mexican Food

Birthdays, this is the month of birthdays in our family...Today would have been Macy's 12th birthday, but to her daddy & I she will always be 3...

Our family always goes to a specific Mexican place to eat and laugh together on her birthday.  Today we did not do this--for we were all together yesterday for lunch.  Today, it is really cold and rainy--a good time to stay in an contemplate life.

I have only cried once today...but I think there were more tears than that shed by others in our home--who will remain nameless, here.  However, I think tears are a really good thing--they are good for your soul and for your complexion and sometimes, even help to adjust our attitudes!

Today I am reminded of that precious little baby that we welcomed in to our home...our home that already seemed to be brimming with girls--we added one more--proving that you never 'run out of love' when you add another child to your life--the love just keeps growing for all of them--at once!

May God richly bless you for reading this blog...for praying for our family...for loving us...and mostly for giving us Hope that we can boldly proclaim:  Jesus is LORD!
For today, these words from the book of Isaiah spoke to my heart--I won't write anything after I share them--just know that they spoke to my heart--read them s l o w l y and perhaps, I'm praying, that they will speak to yours, as well...


Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing!
For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted.
But Zion said,"The LORD has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me."
(Thus says the Lord...)
"Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me." 
Isaiah 49:13-16

No comments: