Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another entry from the Journey...

Today we begin the first Corinthian letter from Paul. I wanted to share this with you, because of what it said to me. My hope is that you will be prompted to open your Bible, and let it speak to Your heart, as well! See you on the Journey!

...one scripture that spoke to me from the first chapter is verse 18:

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

and, verses 30 & 31 also had some vital things to say to me...

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord."

This letter is from Paul, and apostle, and Sosthenes...it is written primarily to the church in Corinth and also to us, everywhere who call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ; their Lord and ours!
Paul says he's thankful for them (us) because of grace that's been given to us in Christ. In Christ, Paul says I have:
been enriched in every way...in all my speaking...in all my knowledge; his testimony about Christ is confirmed in me, which is living proof of what Christ in me can do!

Therefore, I do not lack any spiritual gift as I wait on the Lord to be revealed. He will keep me strong to the end; so I'll be blameless. (Key thought for me here: wait on the Lord--if you know me at all, you know this is vital in my life...waiting on Him is my only hope!...Psalm 13o:5 & 6--memorize it!)
God is faithful!

We must agree with one another, so there's no divisions among us!
We must be united in mind and thought.
The message of the cross is too important, and those that are perishing will see it as foolishness, but to those who trust that message, it is the very power of God.
(On this point alone, I'm amazed and motivated to worship God even more!--at how very applicable these words are today, even in 2009!)

Jews demand miraculous signs (and in our culture, who doesn't??) Greeks look for wisdom (think of the most educated person you know...do they seek wisdom? knowledge? these can come from God--and yet, there are those of very high intelligence that deny our God and His power (foolishness, get it?))

We preach Christ crucified; which is a stumbling block for some Jews and foolishness to Gentiles...But to those God has called, both Jews and Greeks, it says, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Remember always: The foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. This sort of puts a new perspective on 'self' for me!

I'm urged to think about what I was when I was called by God...he says not many were 'wise' by human standards, yet God's word and His Holy Spirit in me give me wisdom when I seek it!
Not many were influential--yet, people ask and sometimes, by God's divine appointments, I get to speak in to other's lives...I'm certainly NOT influential on my own, or by my own strength, or position!

It truly is because of God that I am in Christ Jesus, He is my wisdom, righteousness, holiness and redemption. If I boast about anything at all--I boast because of what God, My Father, My King, has brought me to--by His power I live and move and breathe...not by anything I do on my own!

--Still not perfect, still completely human, but completely forgiven and righteous and holy and redeemed...by Christ and His cross...foolishness?--no--absolutely NOT...

It's the very power of God!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Absolutely devine. Praise Him. I needed to be preached to, and this was so inviting to Him and His righteousness. Thank you my friend and sister in Christ. What a study, this Journey. I have a grandaughter who's name is "Journey". Sending Jesus love-