Friday, July 10, 2009

Peace from the Journey...

I Corinthians 2:9 & 10 However, as it is written: "No eye has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

Paul says that when he first came to Corinth to preach, he didn't come to them with eloquence or superior wisdom as he proclaimed the testimony about God. He resolved in his mind to know nothing except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. In fact, he went to them in weakness and fear not using wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power...so their faith would not rest on man's wisdom--but on God's power! hmmmmmmm.....

This struck me...do we do that today?--Think we have to have God's Word presented in a 'dynamic way' in order for us to 'get it'? Paul turned the world upside down (he and the other apostles) and he said his goal was not to use wise and persuasive words....but to demonstrate the Spirit's power...
How better to accomplish that, than by complete surrender--and speaking what the Spirit places in your mouth? --The prompting of the Holy Spirit should be key!

BUT, my thoughts went to this question: Do we 'listen to the next guy (or girl)' OR put more credence in the message being spoken because of shiny, eloquent delivery? We are, after all, human...instead of listening carefully and discerning the simple message of the Spirit?

Because, there is wisdom available only among mature believers--this wisdom really isn't even for 'right now' --it's wisdom about the secret things of God and the things that will come--those who do not understand it are obvious--their hope is in the here and now...not really counting on the things to come at all...the things that are and have been hidden with God since before time began. My eyes haven't seen, my ears haven't heard--I can't even imagine what God has for me, because of the love I have for Him...greater than all I could ask or imagine!

Isaiah 45:3 I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
Isaiah 33:6 He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure.
Psalm 25:14 The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

God reveals these secrets to us by His spirit...still my human mind cannot grasp--but this this is the place where my Spirit, my very soul finds rest...
'it is well with my soul' and all of that...
words escape me--I don't have to use mere words in that place...
BUT, because my spirit has had the deep(er) things of God revealed by His Holy Spirit in me--there is peace--that peace of God, that transcends all my human understanding--but it is so appealing that it makes me want more and more of Him and His Word...that unquenchable thirst for living water...to nurture it and feed it and have it as my HOPE for eternity.

That is why the man (or woman) without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. We, because we have the Spirit, have the mind of Christ--so, we need to use it!

Live like it--Be excited about it--that mind gives us the power and the ability to wait (see yesterday's post if you have questions about this!) on the Lord, and His provision of exactly what we need, when we need it!

Praise His Holy Name!
That Name That IS Above ALL NAMES!!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing the study of His Word. I need and hunger for this constantly. Thanks to for the thought provoking thoughts:)