Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Take your time...get to know her....

What a ride!  It feels good for us to finally be in our own 'space'...we have almost everything back under 'one roof'...first time in 14 months--peanut butter and jelly never tasted so good! 

One of my favorite movie lines is when Diane Lane's character, in 'Under the Tuscan Sun' has just purchased a house in Tuscany and she's 'getting to know it' by cleaning it up!  Most of the past two weeks, (while not riding the roller coaster of 'is today the day we are actually moving in?') I have spent cleaning...one thing after another...from wood work, to bathrooms, to furniture that has been stored for 14 months!  She said, "Take your time, get to know her (the house), make her your friend!"...LOVE that!  For, in our new house, we have made a good friend!  'She' is everything we've thought would be good to have, in terms of location, size and room. 

One of the things I love the most about this house is the 'back room'--my son in law said, "Most people would walk in this room and say, "What in the world would we do with this, but this is exactly what Marsha has been looking for!"  --two huge windows, a view of our back yard, and floor to ceiling book shelves--for books!!!  To me, it is one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen! 

Of course, now it is time for me to continue the unpacking!  And, I need to get those book shelves filled up, asap--for there are many, many, many boxes of books that need a 'place!'  I'm so happy we found one for them!--Need to go get busy!


No comments: