Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Am Amazed!

I stand amazed at how things work out. I wrote about exhaustion (the good kind) on Sunday. And, of course, I was really exhausted. So, as I prayed about the day, the week ahead...I just asked God to use me, but to take away things I didn't need to do, and place in there the things He intended me to do!

He is faithful...if you didn't already know that...I'm here to tell you: He Is Faithful!

Yesterday, I was able to rest, do neglected laundry and household things, and rest some more. I did our weekly Bible study at Brookstone, which is a delight!!! I love being with my friends there, Coral, Mary Beth, Louise, Gayle, Katie, Edna and Virginia, and my good friend Rief. They love God's word...so going there is not a burden, it is a secret treat!!! Shhhhh...I wouldn't want some one else to take it over!!!--Is that selfish!?

Anyway, I rode my bike to my 'reunion Bible study' last night. It was a great ride...but just as we were finishing up, a storm blew over...complete with lightning & thunder...I called the girls, they were here at the house. I said, "don't worry about me, I'm bringing in the bike and I'll get a ride home!" Madison says: "Oh, that's ok, we were just rolling in the floor laughing because you were going to have to ride home in the rain!" I love teen-agers!!! They are always so concerned!!!

My 'regular Tuesday' looks like this: staff meeting in the morning through lunch, then mentoring (BB/BS) in the afternoon...tumbling at night!(the twins tumble, I do not!)

The office called first thing to tell me that most every one was 'out' today for some reason or another, so we were forgoing staff meeting today. YIPPEEEEE!!! And, then I got a call that the little girl I mentor was having her tonsils out today!

How Great is our God!?!?!?

With the whole morning to myself and it being quiet here at home...I was able to do a deeper-than-normal Bible study, and really cool things were revealed to me! I'll write about those in another place, not here...let me just say: I love it when the Word of God speaks to my soul in such a way that it makes my eyes leak!--all over the pages! There's SO much power there!

Late in the morning, our senior minister called to invite me to lunch with him and our youth minister. We usually have 'staff lunch' on Tuesdays, so they just were including me, which was great, because they were eating at one of my favorite places! They encouraged me, I encouraged them. They were interested in my take on the women's retreat last week end...both asking me what the high light had been for me, personally! (which, I will say it was all great...but for my life, it was having my former worship leader and my current worship leader share the stage with two totally different styles of leading worship, and watching and listening as God orchestrated something so gorgeous there!--a glimpse, I believe of music in heaven!!!)

After lunch, I went to the hospital to visit my little mentoring child...she was sipping a drink and talking quietly, with an ice-pack on her throat...she's so sweet...a little groggy, so I didn't stay long!

Because of all this, my afternoon was available for some 'Will and Ally' time!!! Will and I played with his toys, and watched Ally practice her technique for her 'roll over'...which she's almost perfected...I'll give her a 9.8!

Let me just say, I feel rested, truly blessed and ready to get after it!!!--Of course, my husband thinks that should include cleaning our house, so I shouldn't disappoint him! I'll get right on that, right after my nap tomorrow!!

No comments: