Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Introducing you to a new friend of mine...

The first official day of summer vacation and I'm up at 4:40am! I love it, don't want to miss a minute, apparently! Basketball camp starts this week for one of my girls, volleyball camp will be next week for the other, then the following week, all three of my 'younger' girls will be away at church camp, and leave their mother here to work VBS at our church! Whew, I'm already ready for school to start...just kidding!

The younger girls already have a great start for their summer 'tan' from hanging out at the city pool for a couple of days this Memorial Day week end. Great times!

On the other side of the world from me, India, in fact, I have a new friend. Life for him is not so care free today as mine. Please, if you are reading this blog, stop and just say a prayer for him.

Salman, my friend, started e-mailing me this spring, because of this blog, and the fact that I do ministry to women. He has a gospel ministry there, in southeast India, where he ministers to women and children...some of which have leprosy and some are HIV positive. (think: the leaset of these) I received a sad e-mail just this morning--one of the women in his church died a few hours ago, leaving a husband and two small children. Please, pray for her family, as well.

The Internet is a funny thing. It can keep us in touch with those we love that are hundreds, even thousands of miles away. Apparently, it can become a means to connect people with common interests. In this case would be to further God's kingdom on this earth.
Do I trust this man and his e-mail to be true? At this point, yes. --Because I serve a Mighty and Powerful and All-knowing God! Praise His Name.
'for such a time as this'...keeps coming to my mind.

And, I'm also reminded of Gamaliel's words in the book of Acts that loosely say this: ...If their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail...but if it is from God, you will not be able to stop it--you will find yourselves fighting against God.

I'm trusting God to put on my heart the thing I need to do to help further the gospel in that part of the world. I don't know what that looks like yet, but I think I'm supposed to blog about it, because that's the origin of our 'meeting'. God can use anything we give Him! He able!

To my friends, my blog spot 'followers', my partners in ministry: Please join me in lifting up this man, his family, and the ministry he's accomplishing there. And, what we should do to help him out, if that's possible!

In May they held a children's Bible camp meeting for three days.
They had around 100 children attend. Last week, they held another meeting in three villages and life changing decisions were made to follow Jesus! In June they will be offering a small conference for women in their region. They are excited to do this, to further God's kingdom here, and further the message of Christ's redeeming grace!


I wanted to share a few ministry pictures that he has forwarded to me from different meetings that he's held in these past few weeks. My hope is that you will lift them up, and pray that God's purposes in all this would come about, but above all: His Name be High and Lifted Up!

1 comment:

Debbie Legg said...

One thing I can think of is the "One Year Daily Audio Bible" that I listen to has a Hindi podcast. If Salman has access to an iPod and iTunes he, and many others, can hear the bible through in a year in their own language. Just started this year. Don't know if it helps, but it is an idea. My heart breaks for them all, and for the family near you who lost their 19 month old daughter this weekend. Blessings. :)