Monday, May 18, 2009

Ready to Launch...almost!

Computers are amazing tools to me. There are so many things you can do with them...things that my brain cannot even imagine. While talking to our children's minister last week, he suggested that I put together a web-site for the women's ministry at our church. Sounded great to me!

So, I followed his instructions. They were easy to follow, the web-site he directed me to was easy to follow, and so far, the site I'm constructing looks OK to me. There are a few things I still want to include, and build on. I would also like to add some 'sign up' capabilities on different pages of the site. But, overall, I'd say I'm about 85% finished with it! Which means that soon, I'll be hitting the 'publish' button, and presto, it will be on the world wide web! How cool is technology?

I know, I know, my sister will comment on this, because she thrives on technology! (...for which I'm very thankful, she's really good at her job) I prefer the smell of ink and pages and real book marks and book-binding glue--turning real paper pages, etc. But, because we live on this planet in 2009, technology is a must! And so, with all I can muster, I'm leaning in to this experience, and actually enjoying it!

So, watch for the launch! http://www.esccwomensministry.org/ (not yet, I haven't hit publish yet!) They tell me I can link this blog to the site, as well! How fun is that?

I can hear you all rolling your eyes, I know this, for you, is like a 'duh?' moment...I'm just really s l o w!!!

Happy Monday night...I'm off to read some more in a real book!--gotta love 'em!

No comments: